NHVII Citizens' Association: Purpose & Objectives
The purpose of this Association as envisioned by the residents shall be:
- A. To provide collective representation on behalf of the community to government and non-governmental organizations for the benefit of the community.
- B. To collaborate where appropriate, by cooperation with similar organizations, to advance the interests and well-being of the citizens of New Harbour Village II and by extension adjacent communities.
- C. To develop community-based programmes geared at enhancing the community and all its residents and to create community cohesion and spirit to promote and maintain high standards of living and protection of property.
- 1. To establish and maintain a safe, secure and cohesive environment.
- 2. Institute strong leadership and accountability in administration of resources.
- 3. To enhance communication, build and sustain external partnerships with key stakeholders.
- 4. To foster greater community development and establish social and recreational programs for the NHVII community.
- 5. To actively engage in the social and educational development of the wider Old Harbour community.
WHAT RESIDENTS CAN DO TO ASSIST THE ASSOCIATION
As the main stakeholders, the role that each resident play will be critical to achieving the stated objectives above. Residents can assist by doing but not limited to the following:
A. Participate in Block meetings.
B. Offer themselves as volunteers to various community projects
C. Adhere to the rules as listed on the Citizen’s Charter.
D. Contribute consistently with association fees.
E. Respecting their neighbor and community.